Tuesday, April 29, 2008

overall experience of panel and show

I have to say I was extremely nervous about the panel meetings, but after the first one I realized that I knew everything about my work, and that it was really easy to talk to other people about my overall concept. I felt that the panel members were chosen well by the class, at least the ones I spoke with. I do feel like I got a lot out of the overall experience in terms of what direction to push my series. After speaking with Mr. Hobbs I realized that I really want to push my work into the direction of not just land destruction, but pollution as well. I feel my images don't really convey my concept of destruction of land, wether its because of the romanticized clouds, or vibrant colors. I really want my viewers to be more aware of the environmental issues at hand.
I thought that the show went extremely well, considering our budget and time. I have heard from many people that they were extremely impressed by the work as well as how the show was presented. I also was told my Gallery 5 that they were very impressed by our department, and the way that we conducted ourselves in terms of setting up and taking down the show.

1 comment:

Rachel Craddock said...

so great to hear! thanks for sharing the awesome news!!!