Thursday, April 3, 2008

jessica coleman





These are two very early sketches of my next two photographs for this series. The first one is a stain on a red dress. After talking to Paul I've realized I need to add more environment to the image. I plan on making the stain darker and adding a table or glass of wine in my hand. I like the idea of the embarassment and sadness that comes with a grease or wine spill stain on a rich silk fabric. The next image of the tights was a very basic way of showing what I want the image to look like in the end. I want the lighting more dramatic and I want to use a real snagged nylon stocking with runs in it. After looking at it I realized it looks a more trashy/hookerish than I had thought it would, not what I am going for. I also am planning on accessorizing appropriatly and trying to fix the composition and lighting to fit in with my other images. I have cut out the litter box images from my series and am going to reshoot the image of me on the floor in the kitchen so as to position the figure differently. Paul said he thinks it looks too fetal position like and I agree.

No comments: