Tuesday, April 15, 2008

One New Image


I have just about finished this image. I'm pretty happy about the way it came out. The only thing i'm going to change is make the edges a bit darker so it encloses the shot and makes you focus on the center.
Today Paul and I discussed the presentation of my series and he suggested that I mount them on sheets of aluminum and have them hang so that there is no border. That doesn't sound like a half bad idea to me but I was wondering what you guys think? I'm only going to be able to afford to print them 16x20 unfortunately so now my main question is just the framing, or lack there of? I'm doing two shoots this week so i'll post those as soon as they are finished.

3 comments:

A. Montagna said...

The only thing i would worry about when it comes to darkening the edges is that you may start losing the shadow.

Other than that I like your idea for the framing. Would you be able to see the aluminum or would it be completely hidden by the print?

Campbelljn said...

The shadowing is mostly going to be on the top and bottom edges so I don't think it will interfere with the shadow. And with the framing, you won't be able to see the aluminum or whatever I decide on using as the backing.

Emily Noechel said...

I think this image is probably one of the strongest out of the series that I have seen so far. I think that you did a great job of composing the set, and including the shadow. The model does an amazing job of posing, and creating that doll appereance. As far as the aluminum, Im not familiar with mounting on that, I guess I would hav e the same question if you could see it or not.