Thursday, April 10, 2008

Noechel




Due to inclement weather, and the fact that Im supposed to have romantic clouds, I have been unable to shoot the last couple of days. This weekend I will post new imagery considering that its not supposed to rain, I hope. For now I have some test prints that I did on different types of papers that I wanted to post. I don't really think that you will be able to tell any differences between the two, your just going to have to trust me that they slight. I have noticed that warmer toned papers tend to bring the colors out more, and that I like the cold press paper because it has a little more texture. Let me know if you have any good ideas for other kinds of paper I can print on, and I will try to have something more interesting to post this weekend.

1.) cold press, yellow tone
2.) cold press, white
3.) hot press, white

3 comments:

Drauna said...

I love love love the first print. The colors are very romantic and rich - it definitely stood out.

Shawn Chamberlin said...

personally, i think the middle one is the better print for me. the colors are a lot warmer, which to me, helps tie in with the landscape and make the clouds pop a little more. i don't think rain would be a problem for shooting, if anything, it would bring out more clouds, i'd imagine. should be good weather this weekend, go out and shoot!

A. Montagna said...

I agree with Shawn, the second print brings out the warmth in the image.
Are you printing these yourself? or outsourcing? If you are having someone else print these for you you may be able to try things a little more 'extreme.' Try printing on fabrics or canvas, see what that produces.