Monday, April 7, 2008

Amanda Meyer: More Update

So these are the images that I wanted to defiantly have so far. Do these all work? I had a suggestion from a friend: ) that I should look at these ones that I have right now and stick in about 5 more that could help the narrative. Sooo my question is with which photographs do you feel most confused and feel i need to stick in more informative photographs to help a semi-narrative. Please keep in mind that this as of right now is not going to make it to full narrative capacity but I would like it to look like it is out of a family album. You know how when you look at an album it doesn't have an outright story but there is defiantly a sequence? ok thanks for all your help guys: )









3 comments:

Allison Fiebert said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Allison Fiebert said...

Amanda,

If you are looking to make a small family album I think that you should have some images that scream family album. I think I will probably still enjoy these ones better in the end. They have a little more mystery to them about why they are included in the album but birthday's, weddings, holidays, etc. are all things that are found in almost every photo album. I am not saying that you should just put filler in, they can still be a random segments at these events instead of a couple at and alter but I would still like these typical album items to be referenced.

I am interested in how they appear aged in person. I know that was something you were working out kinks with the last time we had an in class crit. The frames also look like the have withstood some aging from the pictures you posted but since the are only images online and it is hard to tell I just want to say I think that keeping them consistent with your imagery will also be important in your final presentation. Bravo on the eclectic assortment of old frames, they look great, but I want to make sure I see some yellowed mats and some scratched up and crooked frames as well!

Emily Noechel said...

Amanda,

Im not really familiar with your series other than what I've read on the blog, but Im REALLY intrigued by your work. I had no idea it was even you until you had posted a good amount. I feel like these do create a semi-narrative, and I agree with Allison in the respect that in most family albums you see holidays and such, but I feel it could easily get overdone if you pose images like that. If I think back a lot of my family albums have places we traveled, even just like in the mountains. The only image that throws me off is the one of the cat.