Wednesday, March 26, 2008

works in progress

so here are the images i've been working on...



1. the first is obviously going to be printed large scale... 30x60 and im thinking about presenting the images in "frames" constructed of plexiglass and plywood.
2. the second image is a detail im going to use for the book and postcards.
3. the third image below is the second image im getting printed for the anderson gallery. i've done a lot of work on the sky and completing the coloration errors. 


do you think that the crop gets my message across?
any thoughts on presentation?




2 comments:

Emily Noechel said...

I feel that the work you have done to the water image has improved its cohesiveness with the mood of the other images. I really like the foreboding sense in these images, as if they are saying this is what the future will hold. Im interested to see where you take the other ones.

A. Montagna said...

I really like the emotion and tensions these images get across. I think they are very successful in that aspect. I feel a lot of moodiness from them.
I dont know the stories behind them, but I dont feel that is so important here.

As for presentation, I would steer away from going way over-complicated. In the long run that could possibly take away from your images.