Thursday, March 27, 2008

Pierson

Jacquelyne Images

These are some images I have been working with right now. I have more and plan to take a lot more. My whole concept is based off of a narrative, but not one in particular. I want the audience to somehow be able to relate to what is going on in the photographs or somehow put themselves in that position. However, I am trying to make the images speak to the audience in some way, shape or form. I want there to be some sort of narration that gives off a voyeuristic emotion within the viewer. Right now, the images do not really separate themselves from a one moment. I am continuing to shoot more and more so the final prints give a sense of time lapse and not look like they were taken over a course of a few days. I started using only myself, but when I brought another figure into the photographs, the narration I wanted to achieve started to show. I still have some questions on presentation and how the feel of the overall images. I am thinking about printing them large and having some close together while others are more spread about the wall. I want them to have a loud feeling but not overpower the viewer. So my question is, how should I present them? Would they work big? And what about having some black and white? I posted the sky pictures because I wanted to incorporate photographs with the figures that represent them as individuals. the sky photographs were the first I took, but I plan on maybe doing some illustrations or taking more "detail" images that would work together and separately with the original images. Basically, I want the narration to have a progression that portrays the individuals. So any ideas or suggestions would be helpful...












2 comments:

Jessica Coleman said...

Jacquelyne,

I like where you're going so far a lot. I think the voyueristic desire is coming across strongly. I do think however, that youre attempt at creating a narrative that isnt one in particular isn not. When I looked at them I saw an intimate relationship. I like the trees and the sky photos because I think they add more of an abstract narrative to it. I think that I really like where youre going and I dont think it has to be as vague as you propose it to be in your comments on this blog. The pallete is gorgeous and I think the style is connecting nicely to the voyueristic approach. As for presentation. I think its a personal decision but the way I view it is how you have it now. I love the different sizes, the diptich's. I like the varied sizes and organization. It seems that if you do want a more open narrative than maybe it should be presented in a sparadic and more varied way? I think making some large, some small, some connected to each other and whatever else you can think of would make it interesting. Just an idea though. Good job so far!

Kathryn Parker said...

in terms of size, i think you really have to consider how size changes concept. when they are small it suggests intimacy, the larger they become the more the audience's comfort level tends to change especially when dealing with the subject of nudity. When you presented some of your photographs last semester you put a few together that flowed & separated a few others that didn't. I thought that worked very well aesthetically but also perhaps conceptually?