Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Meeting Update




I am re-shooting some of the previous images that I used for last semester. I thought I would put the train figures back into their original settings. I was bothered and bored with the studio looking images - there were pretty straight forward and to the point, but I do not think they were visually pleasing. This is what I've done so far - I'm not sure if the environment is too much, or if it loses its purpose. Also, which shot is the most effective?

1 comment:

audra elaine said...

I'm not sure what you were working on last semester, and I'm not familiar with your work or theme for portfolio. However, I am really drawn to these images and agree that it's a difficult thing to get right. Staging dolls and sets are different than staging people and props because you lose the immediate connection between a model and an audience. I would like to know more about what you are pursuing, and perhaps your theme isn't clear enough.

Out of these three images, I like the angle of the 2nd, and the added information that you can see in the background. The lighting is really nice in all; this is something that can really help your series in the long run. I look forward to seeing more!

Audra